Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Current projects update

   Greetings fellow people who enjoy imagining a brutal sci-fi universe battle taking place while shuffling miniatures across a 6x4 table.
   Well the biggest project that I've been slowly clunking away at is my nurgle chaos marines/steel legion traitor army. I WAS going to go the basic green that your about to see my defiler base coated in but I've decided to go more ambitious since the majority of my infantry is fleshy(zombies!!!).. so I will be stripping down the defiler and will post results soon of what i come up with. You can thank the guys over at The Mandulian Chapel  as there work has constantly inspired me to up my painting skills(can only go up from where I am haha).

First up why not deffy

I AM MEGATRON!

Then we have my "forge skorp" aka a forgefiend


NomNom Dakka Dakka says forge skorp


Then theres my WIP heldrake stingray type conversion

Don't mind me as I float by and.....BURN YOUR @#$

Then my nurgle oblits


Papa Nurgle says we does da shootin!!!
And last but not least a colossus for my steel legion traitors
(i have the chassis assembled for 2 more of these)

I go boom...Things die...horribly..you can't hide..just die






















And as a sneak peak of the project currently slowing my progress on chaos/IG would be...
.a reboot of my Tau! An update on both paint schemes will follow soon!!!



que shoot to thrill by ACDC...Magnetized main gun incase I feel the need to run the heavy burst cannon
 
Yup..my son is a follower of chaos, and his actions far more than prove it ...HA
 
 


4 comments:

  1. I love the conversions on these CSM vehicles - especially the Forge Fiend and Heldrake. With the cost of those kits, these are really great options to get something that looks cool and fulfills that battlefield role. I would love to see a little converting tutorial if you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment, the heldrake isnt done yet but so far its as simple as decide how you want the fins/wings, attach a claw to where the head WOULD of went, and then fill in the rocket holes with greenstuff(not done yet), and lastly i used some guitar string and 2 sections of the defiler close combat weapons to make the tentacles. the forge fiend is a a combination of a defiler plus an extra leg, and the hades autocannon bits, a eldar vyper shell and a plastic water bottle makes the cool scorpion carapace all filled in with a mix of hotglue and greenstuff.. I have some ideas cooking and the next model I convert Ill be sure to do a tuturial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forge scorp is my favorite. Crispy made one also with a battlecannon for a defiler counts-as. Maybe I'll build one of each to be heavy-friends with my maulerfiend. I like the new walker dynamics with the invuln and IWND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah my first game of the tourney I made around 11of those against massed melta blood angels so the only vehicle I lost was my allied vendetta, the other two games I think i only made a single 5++ and IWND didnt factor in much because every time I didnt save I got exploded ...-_-

    ReplyDelete