Sunday, September 23, 2012

Inaugural address



Hey there sports fans!!!

My name is Chris, if you would like a bit of background just read my bio.

Well I guess for my first posting I'll just post about my most recent project, which is a display board base box, I found a tutorial thread on dakka (here) and decided it would be great for the monthly tournaments I attend along with the Da Boyz GT that is fast approaching! Here are some pics taken at various stages in construction, sorry the camera on my phone isnt the greatest!









I just decided to stain it a black onyx color then slapped on some hinges, a knob, and  handles on each side for easy carrying. The fact that it has a door is great so I can store things inside while my models are displayed, whether its books, dice, templates, or even a music player and power supply for lighting on the display board should I choose to go all out for the Da Boyz GT display board. And also the top 18x24 peice of plywood is removable allowing me to use this with multiple different display boards, and you can either use the plywood as the board or put pink insulation foam onto each peice like i plan to.

Sorry for the lack of content in my first post but I'm trying to get alot done before the GT, but I'll try my hardest to post more than once a week. Projects I am currently working on are a snow display board for my alienid(alien themed) tyranids, and also working out exactly how to paint the already converted tyranids alien-like. I will also probably post an article about my thoughts on tyranids in 6th Ed. and a quick unit rundown, so check back as I should have a few more posts within the week, until then CIAO!!!

P.S  I will make sure pics for batreps are taken on a higher quality camera(namely the expensive one I bought for my fiance last christmas muahahah)!!!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the 40k blogosphere!

    Good luck with it, have fun with it, and can't wait to see the progress on your newly converted Nids and display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I figure if I cant use the spare time at work to paint/model then I'll just start a blog!!! I'm very excited about the display, still in testing with the paint scheme, It's hard because I dont want it quite AS plain as aliens, but I want it to be distinguishable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work so far on the display board and consider me subscribed (Professor from Da Boyz forums).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!!! off to a slow start with the blog, hope to get some pics up of my nids as im starting to finish models, just trying to do so much at once for the GT!!! Well wheny blog goes prime time(im not much of a realist : p) you can say you were my first subscriber!!!

    ReplyDelete