Monday, October 8, 2012

Decisions Decisions....


Hey guys

Sorry for the delay in my next posting, alot is going on and I'm not getting the time I need to prep for the GT, although I am my own worst enemy. You see there's one "problem" I have in regards to this hobby.... When I start thinking of army ideas and I find one I like enough I want to start it RIGHT AWAY!

So heres my Dilemma , I recently was looking through my IG codex(I had a huge Cadian IG army up until I sold it a few months back)
and realised how much I want to do an "artillery division", but then I remembered the reason I sold my army was because I'm honestly not fond of the Cadian "look", so I then began thinking of which models to use, and came up with Steel Legion.Well then I sat down with my laptop and began crunching out lists on army builder and I came to this(generally): 1850pts
HQ
CCS
--4 Plasma guns

TROOPS
Vet squad
--3 Plasma guns
--1 Missile launcher
Chimera

Vet squad
--3 Plasma guns
--1 Missile launcher
Chimera

FAST ATTACK
Vendetta

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Colossus
--camo nets

Colossus
--camo net

Colossus
--camo net

FORTIFICATION
 Aegis Defense Line w/ Icarus Lascannon

TAU ALLIES

HQ
Shas'o
--Missile pod/plasma gun/blacksun/Multitracker/2xshield drones/shield gen/stimulants
Bodyguard
--Twin linked missile pods/targeting array

10 Firewarriors

Broadside
--smart missiles/targetting array/blacksun

I feel like I'm wrong about the tau allies(I'm at work so I'm going off of memory)

I decided to focus on the new and improved Colossus as my artillery workhorse, with 6th/FAQ putting an end to it not being able to shoot within 24" and allowing it to shoot directly within its min-max, oh and it's the ultimate AP3 mass murderer : ) Also with vehicles needing only 25% coverage for obscured meaning they can get cover behind an Aegis and with camo nets get a 3+ cover save!!!

 So what do I do after hashing out the specifics? I went on GW and ordered a unit of 10 Steel Legion and an Officer model, and then go to the nearest hobby shop and grab a Chimera and a pack of plasti-card and It's not done but here's what I have by the time I went to sleep last night..



NEW WIP Pics






Now remember its still got a bit more "spiffing up" to be done, I'll be adding rivets to the crew compartment and cannon barrel,  Also I will be draping a camo net over parts of the compartment/barrel and cleaning up the joints/edges.

As for the paint scheme for the Steel legion/tanks I want to do an urban camo scheme with rubble bases.

While I have still been working on my alienids/display board, I now REALLY wanna take this to the GT but I would be crazy to attempt such a thing ; )

1 comment:

  1. I just bought your Leman Russes and Chimera over the summer, man! What are you doing? lol

    You should add the followers gadget so I can follow you.

    ReplyDelete